We know that underwriting is a pivotal part of a successful sales process. That’s why we continue to make enhancements to our underwriting guidelines that can make doing business with us easier and more client-friendly.
As of September 16, the following enhancements have been made to our underwriting requirements:
- Elimination of most resting EKGs*.
- We will no longer require a resting EKG at any face amount through the age of 40
- Ages 41-50: EKG will not be required through $10,000,000
- Ages 51-70: EKG will not be required through $5,000,000
- Age 71+: EKG will not be required through $150,000
- Attending physician statements (APSs) will no longer be required for clients with controlled hypertension.
- Exams and labs will no longer be required for applicants ages 0-15, for face amounts under $10,000,000.
- We will begin leveraging electronic inspection reports in lieu of telephone inspection reports for amounts up to $10,000,000, through age 70, and for amounts through $1,000,000 at ages 71+. Applicants aged 70 and over will not require an inspection report for face amounts $1,000,000 and below.
- Finally, we will no longer require a Foreign National Questionnaire or routine APSs for green card holders.
We want to help you deliver what is best when it comes to underwriting, which is why we’re committed to providing an improved and streamlined process that will make doing business with us easier and faster — ultimately allowing you and your agents to spend more time building your businesses.
If you have any questions about these new guidelines, please contact our BGA Sales Desk at 877-778-3500, option 1.
Let’s deliver on our promises. Together.