With new life insurance applications, we encourage premium to be submitted with the application. In order to simplify your experience, we have developed guidelines around the acceptable forms of money during the new business process. We accept premium with the application up to a face amount of $1,000,000, in force and applied for, to include the Company and its affiliates.
Premium should not be accepted if the client:
- Is fewer than 15 days of age or over age 80.
- Has been admitted to a hospital or other medical facility, been advised to be admitted, or had surgery performed or recommended within the past 90 days.
- Has had treatment recommended or has been treated within the past two years for heart trouble, stroke or cancer.
- Has been rated or declined for insurance within the past five years.
- Intends to leave the United States within the next 60 days.
Important Conditional Life Receipt notes:
- Please explain to your client that the Conditional Life Receipt provides limited coverage under specific conditions.
- Please ensure that the Conditional Life Receipt is fully completed and the owner’s copy is left with the owner when money is collected.
- If premium is received with the application and the owner’s copy of the Conditional Life Receipt is attached, a letter from Protective Life will be sent to the owner with their copy enclosed.
- Postdated checks will not be accepted.
If premium is received with the application and is outside the above-listed guidelines, or the Conditional Life Receipt is not fully completed:
- We will communicate before the premium is returned, allowing you the opportunity to contact your client.
- We will return the premium to the premium payer.
Please refer to the Acceptable Forms of Money grid for Check Acceptance Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please contact your Protective Life representative.
Let’s deliver on our promises. Together.