With year-end deadlines coming up, the benefits of using electronic capabilities through Protective Velocity are more valuable than ever. If printed documents must be sent to Protective Life, we encourage you to leverage services like FedEx or UPS to avoid delays.
- Recent U.S. Postal Service data shows that delivery delays continue to persist across the country. According to postal data through October 9, nearly all the agency’s delivery regions are currently missing their target of having at least 95% of first-class mail arrive within five days.
- For agents or agencies who are using postal mail to provide APSs or other key documents to Protective, this may mean a significant delay in getting these documents to us. We have a couple of suggestions to help.
Leverage FedEx or UPS
If printed documents must be sent to Protective Life, we encourage you to leverage services like FedEx or UPS to avoid delays. Protective does offer agent discounts if you already have an account with FedEx or UPS – please email FedEx (firstname.lastname@example.org) or UPS (Massey.email@example.com) and indicate that you are a Protective-affiliated agent/agency to receive an average 55% off list rates.
Go Electronic with Protective Velocity
With year-end deadlines coming up, the benefits of using electronic capabilities through Protective Velocity are now more important than ever to ensure your business gets to Protective and goes in force before the end of the year:
- Electronic applications get your business right to Protective. You may have already guessed it, but sending your applications electronically gets around the problem of postal delivery delays. Electronic applications sent through EZ-AppSM, or any one of the drop-ticket platforms we accept are delivered to Protective almost the instant you hit send or the moment your system sends them automatically on your behalf.
- Electronic signatures and voice signatures expedite turnaround times. Protective’s voice signature and electronic signature functionality make signing an application packet faster and easier. For you, that means expedited turnaround times and a more streamlined digital application and policy delivery process.
- Avoid mail delays with electronic policy delivery. Encourage your clients to choose the electronic policy delivery option with their application. They will receive an email when their policy is available to view/download/print from our secure website. If your client prefers paper delivery, they can still view their policy online until their paper copy arrives in the mail.
Let’s deliver on our promises. Together.