We’ve heard your feedback on the length of time APS ordering can take and know how much time is involved when ordering health records for your clients. As a result, Protective has a new process to request electronic health records to help reduce the amount of time involved with regular APS orders.

This new option can provide a significant benefit for you and your business. Currently about 30% of applicants have electronic health records for us to obtain. Approximately 70% of electronic health records requests are available within 24 hours (when records are found and readily available). The other 30% are retrieved within one to five days.

Important: Electronic health records may be requested in place of a traditional APS but might not always contain sufficient information. A traditional APS may still be required for Protective to make the best underwriting offer to both you and your client.

37% of cases with electronic health records have been approved without having to order an APS.

How does the process work?

  • Neither you or your clients are required to take action – all electronic health records are requested by and received by Protective Life.
  • When electronic health records are ordered, this information will be available on our Pending Business site. You might also be notified within existing communications about outstanding requirements.
  • When received, electronic health records will be included on the client’s case within the Pending Business site.

We appreciate your business. If you have any questions about this enhanced process, contact your Protective Life representative.

Let’s deliver on our promises. Together.

For Financial Professional Use Only. Not for Use With Consumers.

Write A Comment

%d bloggers like this: